b-hebrew - RE: [b-greek] RE: Greek Texts of thepatristics

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Polycarp66 AT aol.com
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: [b-greek] RE: Greek Texts of thepatristics
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 21:51:40 EST

In a message dated 1/1/2002 7:53:57 PM Eastern Standard Time, d.roe AT t-online.de writes:

I like Michael Holmes THE APOSTOLIC FATHERS: Greek Texts and English
Translations for the early writers (Clement, Ignatius, Polycarp, Didache,
Barnabas, Shepherd of Hermes, Ep. to Diognetus, and Papias). ISBN:
0801022258

It show the Greek text on the left (even-numbered) page with the English
on the right. Holmes includes an apparatus (the exhaustiveness of which I
am unable to judge).

The lowest price I'm aware of is AllDirects: $19.19 (36% off)...

These same texts (except for Papias, which consists of quoted fragments in any case) are readily available in the Loeb Classical Library which also has the same format.  The price is also comparable - under $20 at any Borders or Barnes & Noble.

gfsomsel

  • RE: [b-greek] RE: Greek Texts of thepatristics, Polycarp66, 01/01/2002