b-hebrew - Re: Boker tov - day three - Hannukah Song

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Monty Donohew" <sny10p7c AT gte.net>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Boker tov - day three - Hannukah Song
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 12:25:05 -0500

Shoshanna,

Please let it be known that I enjoyed the postings in the spirit of the holidays.  For those of you are "scrooged" please consider that these postings have more to do with biblical hebrew than many, so relax and enjoy.

And if you are too seriously engaged in your studies to bear a little levity, then consider that G*d placed an oversized gimel (symbolizing a man dressed in camel [beit-mem-lamed]) right in the middle of the Torah (Lev. 13:33) in the word v'hit'galach which translates to mean "and he shall be shaved."  If G*d can have a sense of humor, or be playful, as this seems to indicate, then so should we all sometimes lighten up.  Perhap the world is to much with you.

To those who believe the camel man is John the Baptist, Merry Christmas.
To those who don't Happy Chanukah.
To all others Happy Seasons or Holidays.

May the Word allow us to learn from one another.