b-hebrew - Re: Channuka Humor - was "by lot"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Polycarp66 AT aol.com
  • To: cisbell AT home.com, b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Channuka Humor - was "by lot"
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 11:44:10 EST

In a message dated 12/10/2001 11:41:08 AM Eastern Standard Time, cisbell AT home.com writes:

I call upon my Jewish and Christian brothers and sisters to join me.  We
must act against this invasion of darkness.  I urge all who believe to light
candles every day beginning immediately.  If you do not have candles, string
up electric lights, or anything that will announce to the forces of darkness
that we will not submit.  I noticed this same phenomenon last year, and did
not have time to call for help from others.  So my family and I began to do
what we could.  We began with one candle, but the darkness continued to
encroach.  So we moved to two, and then three, and ultimately eight did the
job.  I don't know how many candles it may take this year, but I shall not
cease until the amount of light in each day begins to increase and I can
know we have warded off evil once more.

Io Saturnalia!

gfsomsel