b-hebrew - Topic, focus and foreground in ancient Hebrew narratives

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: c stirling bartholomew <cc.constantine AT worldnet.att.net>
  • To: hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Topic, focus and foreground in ancient Hebrew narratives
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 12:10:21 -0800

Hebrew Aficionados,

I just did a search of the archives for "Heimerdinger" and got no hits. Is
it possible that there has been absolutely no discussion on b-hebrew of:

Heimerdinger, Jean-Marc. Topic, focus and foreground in ancient Hebrew
narratives, Sheffield Academic Press, c1999.

I just grabbed this from the SPU library shelf a couple of days ago. Since
the NT Greek publications on Discourse Analysis are still lagging somewhat
behind the OT Hebrew studies I make it a habit to read as much of the Hebrew
stuff as I can lay hands on.

Anybody seen any reviews on this book? I just searched SBL Reviews and
didn't find any there.

Thanks for any comments you might have on this title,

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point

  • Topic, focus and foreground in ancient Hebrew narratives, c stirling bartholomew, 10/31/2001