b-hebrew - Re: [yahwist] Breaking Ben Laden's Allah/Curses # 427 used in Jos.24:26 & Deu.29:18-21

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Jonathan D. Safren" <yonsaf AT beitberl.ac.il>
  • To: <capitalag AT juno.com>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [yahwist] Breaking Ben Laden's Allah/Curses # 427 used in Jos.24:26 & Deu.29:18-21
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 08:23:21 +0200

Jack,
As an Israeli, I certainly have no sympathy for Osama bin Laden, for
terrorism, or for extremist Islam.
Nonetheless, a scholarly discussion group like Biblical Hebrew is not the
place to post such documents of belief as that you have forwarded. I am
certain that many of our Christian and Jewish colleagues alike might take
affront at many of the beliefs expressed by its author.
Our common ground for discussion is the scholarship of the Hebrew Bible, not
the espousal or denial of its or any other beliefs.
Sincerely,
Jonathan D. Safren
Dept. of Biblical Studies
Beit Berl College