b-hebrew - Re: Ha Davar Ish

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "weismann" <weismann AT fibertel.com.ar>
  • To: "Matthew R. Miller" <biblicalscribe AT hotmail.com>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Ha Davar Ish
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:34:38 -0300

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew R. Miller" <biblicalscribe AT hotmail.com>
To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2001 5:53 PM
Subject: Ha Davar Ish

> What was the original language of man? Biblically, is there any evidence?
> Is there any extra-biblical evidence? Thanks, Matthew R. Miller
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: [weismann AT fibertel.com.ar]
> To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')
> Hi,

It's a not boresome matter. I studied some years ago the issue beginning
with the testimonies of the Patristic writers ( some said the original
language was Syriac(Aramaic), others said was Hebrew), the Middle Age (
stressing Hebrew), Renaissance ( particularly the Kabbalists, Jews as well
as Christians). The semiotician Umberto Eco wrote an interesting book about
and there're good bibliography. I hope this'ld help something.

Sincerely,

Francis J. Weismann

weismann AT fibertel.com.ar

  • Ha Davar Ish, Matthew R. Miller, 10/16/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Ha Davar Ish, weismann, 10/17/2001