b-hebrew - Clarification - Banyai?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: ian goldsmith <iangoldsmith1969 AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Clarification - Banyai?
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:50:39 +0100 (BST)

An interesting and sweeping statement Banyai;
"since Gibea as well as Lot´s story were no history,
and all the Bible is post Exilic." I presume you were
being ironic?
Any history, is by definition a record of past events
and so post event in nature. If you have any new
textual proof that 'all the Bible is post Exilic' I'd
love to hear it. Unfortunately most such proof is
purely supposition and guess work.
Regards.
Ian.