b-hebrew - Announcing a new Companion to the Hebrew Bible

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Sarah Proom" <sproom AT blackwellpublishers.co.uk>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Announcing a new Companion to the Hebrew Bible
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 09:16:16 -0400

Announcing a new Companion to the Hebrew Bible

I thought that members of the B-HEBREW discussion group may be interested
in the following title from Blackwell Publishing.

The Blackwell Companion to the Hebrew Bible
Edited by Leo G. Perdue

This comprehensive companion offers a broad overview and survey of Old
Testament study. It consists of newly commissioned articles from an
impressive array of top international Old Testament scholars from around
the world. The history, archaeology, theology, sociology and ancient Near
Eastern context of the Hebrew Bible are all given considerable attention,
and by addressing questions of methodology and interpretation, the
Companion also introduces readers to important issues in the academic
study of the Old Testament.

PRESENTLY AVAILABLE IN HARDBACK ONLY:
504 Pages, October 2001
0-6312-1071-7 £80 / $124.95

For a full contents list please visit the web page for this book at:
http://www.blackwellpublishers.co.uk/asp/book.asp?ref=0631210717

If you would like more information on the book and information on how to
order a copy, please email me at sproom AT blackwellpublishers.co.uk.

Please feel free to forward this message to any relevant person or list.
I apologise for any cross posting that may have occurred. I look forward
to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely,
Sarah Proom

sproom AT blackwellpublishers.co.uk

  • Announcing a new Companion to the Hebrew Bible, Sarah Proom, 10/08/2001