b-hebrew - Re: The Lack of a Case Against a Hellenistic Primary History

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ian Hutchesson" <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: The Lack of a Case Against a Hellenistic Primary History
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 03:11:09 +0200

Walter, I'm sure you'll note that at the time the DSS were
written Greek culture was well disseminated in Palestine.
However, there is almost no trace of that culture or of
linguistic influence. At he same time new cities don't have
long traditions. I don't marvel that there are no Greek
cities mentioned in what some people are calling the
"primary history".

Ian

  • Re: The Lack of a Case Against a Hellenistic Primary History, Ian Hutchesson, 10/04/2001