b-hebrew - Word listings.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: ian goldsmith <iangoldsmith1969 AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Word listings.
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 11:49:11 +0100 (BST)

I know this is slightly off topic, but it is relevant.
Does anyone have, or know of, a list of the Hebrew
words that were corrected or replaced in their
'translation' from the King James Version in to the
New King James Version of the Old Testament.

I understand that our knowledge of Biblical Hebrew has
increased since the Authorised Version was originally
translated, and that the NKJV has corrected some of
the grey areas of KJV translation. What I would like
to know is what are the corrections made, in the light
of more recent archaelogical discoveries.?
Any help in this or other version translation data
would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.
Ian Goldsmith.