b-hebrew - Psalm104:34a

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: ian goldsmith <iangoldsmith1969 AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Psalm104:34a
  • Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 11:44:35 +0100 (BST)

Has anyone got any insight into the literal
translation of Psalm 104:34a?
One popular translation says 'may my meditation upon
him be sweet', or something very near.
But whilst 'meditation upon him' may be straight
forward 'yerev' is not. Any thoughts?

p.s. Like many around the world at the moment, England
and the south east where I come from, is very much in
deepest sympathy with our American cousins and also
very much in prayer for you all. May our meditation
upon him indeed be sweet.