b-hebrew - Re: Heaven or Sky?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Maurice A. O'Sullivan" <mauros AT iol.ie>
  • To: "SPAWN OF A JEWISH CARPENTER: CINDY SMITH" <cms AT dragon.com>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, cms AT dragon.com
  • Subject: Re: Heaven or Sky?
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 18:40:49 +0100

At 02:31 25/08/01, SPAWN OF A JEWISH CARPENTER: CINDY SMITH wrote:

I couldn't find these Greek words in either the Septuagint or the
New Testament. Would you please cite the verses where these words
appear so I can look them up? Thanks.

Firstly, could I ask that you read the original posting more closely before replying?
The original query from Liz, to which I replied was:
<< . Is there a separate Greek word for sky? >>
No mention there of either LXX or NT.

In fact, my software finds 242 occurrences of KUKLOS in the LXX, and the list will understand if I don't accede to your request to " cite the verses ".

Maurice A. O'Sullivan
[Bray, Ireland]
mauros AT iol.ie

" With computers we can now misinterpret Scripture at speeds never before possible"