b-hebrew - Re: vav - waw

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "kymsabq" <kymsabq AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: vav - waw
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 10:37:12 -0700

Dear George,

Thank you for the reply. I'll look into it further as time allows me.
Currently I am of the mind that the sacred name is YHVH and not YHWH and the
pronunciation is Yahveh or Yahaveh. I have yet to see anything that would
clearly nix this point of view and being on a very lonely limb is quite of
no concern to me.

Since it cannot be stated 100% by either point of view based upon man's
current knowledge, perhaps the point is best left as it stands. Since
prayers I address to YHVH go answered, I'll continue to utilize the vav.

Thank you once again for the suggested reading.

kyms