b-hebrew - Chronology homepage

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Banyai AT t-online.de (Banyai)
  • To: biblical-studies AT egroups.com, ane AT oi.uchicago.edu, b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu, ayma AT tip.nl
  • Subject: Chronology homepage
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 22:25:32 +0200

I excuse myself for following indecent selfpromotion.

I am happy to mention, my chronology homepage was completed after long with a
new
original paper, called quite unattractively : EXODUS - THE TESTIMONY OF THE
EGYPTIAN SOURCES, as well with a translation of the "Admonitions of Ipuwer"
and
of the Balaam text from Deir Alla, which are under discussion.

It has to offer appart of the message contained in the title, some little
surprise, for example, such as the observation, documented by hard
astronomical
facts, that the biblical (non-lunar) calendar began in fact a couple of
months
later as the modern jewish calendar, more or the less simultanous with the
Egyptian Sothic New Year.

I wish you a good time reading.

You may now log in under the web adress:

http://www.abara2.de/chronologie/

All the best,

Michael Bányai

  • Chronology homepage, Banyai, 08/16/2001