b-hebrew - Fruit of the tree of good and evil

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Fernando Arias" <fernando.arias AT lycos.com>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Fruit of the tree of good and evil
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:52:46 -0700

Dear members,
The word used in the Bible for the fruit of the tree of good and evil is the
generic term "pry"(Peh,Resh,Yod). There is no indication of a particular
fruit in the Biblical verses related. However, traditionally the fruit of the
tree of life is considered to be the apple. My questions are:
1) How did the apple become the fruit of such tree?
2) Why is the apple considered the fruit of the tree of good and evil? Any
symbolic meaning?
Fernando.

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!