b-hebrew - Re: 2nd or 3rd Isaiah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Kevin W. Woodruff" <cierpke AT prodigy.net>
  • To: jhonhar AT juno.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: 2nd or 3rd Isaiah
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:35:09 -0400

John:
In the 1QIsa there is no indication of a division between chapters 39 and
40. There is however a small break in the text between chapter 33 and 34
which probably indicated that Isaiah was written on two scrolls and was
divided at this point.
R. K. Harrison discusses this in his _Introduction to the Old Testament_.
p. 786-793

Kevin
At 12:29 PM 7/17/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>Dear b-Hebrew--
>This is directed to those who may know if, the Dead Sea Scroll of Isaiah
>shows that Isaiah was divided into a Deutero-Isaiah or possibly into a
>Tri-Isaiah. I do know if this subject has been treated before; and if so,
>where might the answer be.
>Thanks to all,
>John Carras
>jhonhar AT juno.com
>
>---
>You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: [cierpke AT prodigy.net]
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')
>To subscribe, send an email to join-b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu.

Kevin W. Woodruff, M. Div.
Library Director/Reference Librarian
Professor of New Testament Greek
Cierpke Memorial Library