b-hebrew - Dating Judges Article

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Walter Mattfeld" <mattfeld AT mail.pjsnet.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Dating Judges Article
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 09:46:09 +0200

Available at my website (click on the url in my signature line if
interested) is my latest article, "Dating the Book of Judges via
Archaeological Anomalies and Anachronisms." This article COMPLETES MY
RESEARCH into the various books encompassing the "Primary History"
(Genesis-2 Kings) of the Hebrew Bible, UTILIZING ARCHAEOLOGICAL FINDINGS TO
DATE THESE TEXTS. In sum, this research suggests that the Primary History is
not an accretion over 1,000 years of compositions attributed to a
Jahwist-Elohist-Deuteronomist-Priest, but a unified work of one author, of
the POST-EXILIC period. This author certainly used earlier stories,
traditions, myths and compositions in compiling this history, but this is
nothing to marvel over, ALL HISTORIANS DO LIKEWISE, every historian is to a
degree "a redactor/editor," editing and reformatting his material.

All the best, Walter

Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld
Walldorf by Heidelberg
Baden-Wurttemburg, Germany
http://bibleorigins.homestead.com/index.html

  • Dating Judges Article, Walter Mattfeld, 04/28/2001