b-hebrew - Re: Psalm51:9

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Ausra Pazera <apazera AT yahoo.co.uk>
  • To: Ben Crick <ben.crick AT argonet.co.uk>, Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Psalm51:9
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 12:22:53 +0100 (BST)

Shalom Dear Ben,

Thank you. What I'm interested in is the fact that the
blood was used for sprinkling upon the worshipper as
such (differently from Temple and altar) in Lev 14,1-9
was not the blood of sacrificial animal (of guilt
offering), because guilt offering's animals for
atonement was quite differrent ritual). In Lev 14,1-9
the ritual using Hyssop is the ritual for cleansing of
the body, not soul. I was wondering what kind of
unclean Ps 51:9 is speaking about...

Ausra