b-hebrew - Dating Genesis via Archaeology

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Walter Mattfeld" <mattfeld AT mail.pjsnet.com>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Dating Genesis via Archaeology
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 20:56:38 +0200

Available at my website (click on the url in my signature line) is the
following article-

"Dating the Pentateuch- Genesis and the Archaeological Anomalies and
Anachronisms."

Genesis mentions several cities, towns and villages, some of which have been
identified and excavated by archaeologists. Archaeology has revealed that
some of these places were either abandoned or not in existence in the
historical time frames of the biblical narratives. This brief article will
note what archaeologists found and conclusions are drawn regarding not only
the historicity of the biblical texts, but also when they were composed. I
am not attempting to account for every site mentioned in Genesis, I am
focusing in on the "archaeological anomalies" which are useful in the dating
of the text.

All the best, Walter

Walter Reinhold Warttig Mattfeld
Walldorf by Heidelberg
Baden-Wurttemburg, Germany
http://bibleorigins.homestead.com/index.html

  • Dating Genesis via Archaeology, Walter Mattfeld, 04/09/2001