b-hebrew - Re: northern hebrew

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Charles David Isbell" <cisbell AT home.com>
  • To: "Adam B. Lipstadt" <abl215 AT nyu.edu>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: northern hebrew
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 22:52:14 -0600

You should start with a book and two articles by Gary Rendsburg. [1]
Linguistic Evidence for the Northern Origin of Selected Psalms (Atlanta:
Scholars Press, 1990); [2] "Notes On Israelian Hebrew (I)" in MICHAEL:
Historical, Epigraphical and Biblical Studies in Honor of Prof. Michael
Heltzer (Tel Aviv: Archaeological Center Publications, 1999); [3] "Notes on
Israelian Hebrew (II)," JNSL 26:1, 33-45.
Charles David Isbell