b-hebrew - Re: Sam, Chr & Josephus (Peter) and apologies

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Raymond de Hoop <rdehoop AT keyaccess.nl>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Sam, Chr & Josephus (Peter) and apologies
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 18:28:53 +0100

At 19-03-2001 09:58 Peter Kirk <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org> wrote:

> Ian, I think you should apologise to the list, and especially to Jewish list
> members, for comparing Ezra to Hitler in this (or any) way. I am sure you
> did not intend to cause offence, but I hope you understand how offensive
> this could be.

Peter,

I read Ian's posting once more with regard to what you wrote, but I cannot
find any comparison of Ezra to Hitler. Only something about history and the
causes in history. Even though I agree that there are some nicer causes in
history to mention, your suggestion of apologising is overdone in my view.

Regards,
Raymond

  • Re: Sam, Chr & Josephus (Peter) and apologies, Raymond de Hoop, 03/20/2001