b-hebrew - RE: STORY LINES IN GENESIS

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Liz Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: STORY LINES IN GENESIS
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 10:52:49 -0500

Dear Paul,
I recommend Richard Friedman's book, Who Wrote the Bible?"
He has a chart at the back. I think people have combined his J and E
now, so the two you should find are J and P. P is the priestly writer,
and J is the so-called Yahwist. P wrote Gen 1-2:4, and J wrote
Gen 2:5 to the end of 4 I believe. You have both P and J intertwined
in the Noah story. Have you noticed that?
Liz