b-hebrew - Re:Unsubscribe

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Kirk Lowery" <kelowery AT cs.com>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re:Unsubscribe
  • Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 18:35:44 -0500

On 21 Feb 2001, at 9:51, gds AT dor.kaiser.org wrote:

> I am going on vacation for 2 weeks, and I need to unsubscribe for a
> while so that my email isn't clogged up with so much when I get back.
> To whom do I send this request?

Although I have responded to Gary offlist, I thought the answer to his
question would be of interest to others:

At the web site for b-hebrew, you can log in and change your preferences
to "no mail." Point your browser to:

<http://franklin.oit.unc.edu/cgi-bin/lyris.pl?enter=b-hebrew&text_mode=0>

You put your email where you receive b-hebrew mail, and your password in
the appropriate places. Click the login button and the next page will have
another button, "Your Settings." You can change your settings to "no mail"
and back again there. Don't forget to "Save" your settings before leaving
the page!

When you subscribed you should have received a message telling you what
your password is. If you have forgotten, you can have it emailed to you by
putting your email address in the appropriate box on the login page. It
should arrive in about 10 minutes depending on network traffic and where
you are in the world.

There are other settings which might be of interest to you as well. Check
them out.

Finally, just a reminder for everyone: you can access B-Hebrew's web page
where our forum's charter is at <http://www.ibiblio.org/bhebrew/>. There
you can read about our forum's topic focus and "rules of engagement" for
discussion. Even veterans of B-Hebrew are encouraged to return and refresh
their memory from time to time.

Blessings,

Kirk
B-Hebrew co-chair
Kirk E. Lowery, Ph.D. <Kirk AT leningradensis.org>
Associate Director, Westminster Hebrew Institute
General Editor, Project "eL", The XML Leningrad Codex
Chair, Computer Assisted Research Group, Society of Biblical Literature

  • Re:Unsubscribe, gds, 02/21/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re:Unsubscribe, Kirk Lowery, 02/21/2001