b-hebrew - RE: Slaughter of the Innocents

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dan Wagner <Dan.Wagner AT datastream.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Slaughter of the Innocents
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 21:02:04 -0500

Yes, and along ultimately similar lines, where God judged David through the
death of his son, to whom David knew he could go some day, even though he
knew the baby could not return to him. David had the pain; the innocent baby
had the grace. Egypt's parents had the pain; their firstborn babies were
preserved from growing up in that pagan, polytheistic society. (Of course
this does not apply to the older, responsible firstborn.)

Amazing how much grace is in the early death of an infant, eh?

Dan Wagner