b-hebrew - Question for clarification RE: Discontinue Thread...

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "George Athas" <gathas AT globalfreeway.com.au>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Question for clarification RE: Discontinue Thread...
  • Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 23:41:02 +0400

To start with I was unhappy with this decision, as I don't accept that more
than a few side issues in this discussion are outside the bounds of this
forum. But then I realised it is probably for the best to terminate it.

But I do want to clarify one point. This thread had wandered away from the
subject of inspiration even weeks ago when I first joined in. Are you, the
list staff, wishing to introduce a rule that our postings must stick closely
to the subject given? In that case, if we wish to comment on a matter in a
posting which is not directly related to the given subject, what should we
do:

1) Post our comments without changing the subject line?
2) Post our comments and change the subject line to match?
3) Or are we not supposed to post comments not directly related to the given
subject?

If 1), how are we to avoid our discussions, even when relevant to the list,
from being stopped on the grounds that they have wandered away from the
initial subject?

Peter Kirk