b-hebrew - Re: Question Concerning Inspiration (Jack Baker)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Christine Bass" <christinebass AT home.com>
  • To: "Ian Hutchesson" <mc2499 AT mclink.it>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Question Concerning Inspiration (Jack Baker)
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:59:00 -0500

> I have always argued for a serious treatment of the OT/HB. [...]

> So let's get going on a serious treatment of the OT/HB and stop with the
> literal readings.

Yes, Ian, I see that there was a continuation of your thoughts on the topic
of the
"serious treatment of the Hebrew Bible." But it is somewhat confusing to me
in that it seems that what you are writing---perhaps not what you are
intending
---is that a serious treatment of the Hebrew Bible precludes a
literal reading of the text. Is this in fact what you mean to communicate?

Since you have offered to expound upon the Book of Daniel,
I would be interested, particularly in the resurrection/ life after death
text
you reference, say beginning from chapter 10 to give it more context.

Christine