b-hebrew - RE: Question ... (Peter) Jerusalem topography

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "Ian Hutchesson" <mc2499 AT mclink.it>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Question ... (Peter) Jerusalem topography
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 00:39:05 +0400

No, but you have at least conceded that certain books which describe a
"Solomon's temple" were written before (the generally accepted date of) the
building of Herod's temple.

500m x 300m would be big enough for a reasonably large city, wouldn't it?
How large are the sites of other cities of this period in the region?

Peter Kirk