b-hebrew - Question Concerning Inspiration

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Banyai Michael" <banyai AT t-online.de>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Question Concerning Inspiration
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 12:01:17 -0500

I must principially give right to Ian, that "To understand a text we are
attempting to analyse we have to be able to contextualise it."

However, I mean, you apply the contextualisation, for example in the case
of KA in an extremely Procustean manner. You are not contextualising the
text, but, as I see it, you adjust the data (surely not deliberately),
rejecting alternatives, so one has only one choice, your choice of
contextualisation.

What I have shown till now was, there are at least a couple of even better
functioning models to explain KA and its function without disturbing in
any way the sources. A sea access hypothesis- and who wants to contest the
existance of sea trade at the time?- would lay ad acta the whole
discussion.

So do I propose for every one, since the discussion seems to drift away.

BTW, I´ll answer your question about Zechariahs feast calendar (not much
different btw from the one of Nehemiah if you read 2 Maccabees) in one of
my papers concerning the hebrew calendar.

Best regards,

Bányai Michael