b-hebrew - Pseudocircumstantial sequential clauses

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Brian Tucker" <jbtucker AT metroshores.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Pseudocircumstantial sequential clauses
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 14:19:29 -0500

What is the significance of a pseudocircumstantial sequential clause?

Is it simply a syntactical issue in that, it is anomalous to have a
sequential clause with the subject preceding the verb (Wenham, 212. vol.
1)?

I do not have access to F.I. Anderson, _The Sentence in Biblical Hebrew_.
So, would someone kindly assist me by providing the germane section from
pages 87-88 concerning what he says about pseudocircumstantial sequential
clauses? (For he record the theological library near my house doesn't have
it either, so I'm not being lazy. ;-)

What is the importance of pseudocircumstantial sequential clauses in
genealogical constructions? Gen 10:8, 13, 15, 24, 26?

I am really interested in thoughts about its presence in Gen 25:3. My
sources say, Anderson speaks to this specifically on page 88, but I don't
have access to him.

Shalom
Brian Tucker
Riverview, MI