b-hebrew - Re: Aleppo Codex

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ashley Crane" <acrane AT harvestwest.wa.edu.au>
  • To: "Henry Churchyard" <churchh AT usa.net>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Aleppo Codex
  • Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2000 10:08:45 +0800

Hi Henry

Yes, I am a bit behind in this reply - marking too many papers!! (end of the
college year here).

The Aleppo Codex is the basis for the Hebrew Bible Project. People like
Emanuel Tov are involved with that. So far they have produce a fantastic
production of Isaiah and Jeremiah. Currently they are working on Ezekiel.
Other books will follow as the have done rather painstaking work.

The Aleppo is available in a beautifully bound facsimile edition of what
remains after the synagogue fire.

I hope this helps

Ashley