b-hebrew - Re: Genesis' JEDP ????

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Polycarp66 AT aol.com
  • To: mattfeld AT mail.pjsnet.com, b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Genesis' JEDP ????
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 19:01:02 EDT

In a message dated 9/3/2000 6:36:44 AM Central Standard Time,
mattfeld AT mail.pjsnet.com writes:

<<
There is an old saying, "Too many cooks ruin the pot." I just can't envision
4 authors within the Primary History, for each would have his own world
view, contradicting his fellows. I see a single world view throughout the
Primary History, suggesting a single Artist.

In the works espousing the Documentary Hypothesis, this is generally known as
the Redactor(s). This does not eliminate the original sources.

gfsomsel