b-hebrew - Re: Dobson

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk" <Peter_Kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: "Ray Clendenen" <rclende AT lifeway.com>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Dobson
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 17:44:28 +0100

I had the benefit a few years ago of taking John Dobson's Hebrew classes on
which his book is based. I remember that he used to give us what some people
call "total physical response" drills, though I don't think Dobson called
them that. For example, he would address each of us by (temporary Hebrew)
name and say "Qum", and expect the one addressed to stand up. I guess that
is what he intends students of his book to do.

Peter Kirk