b-hebrew - RE: "Is Biblical Hebrew a language?"-NPL2

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: yochanan bitan-buth <ButhFam AT compuserve.com>
  • To: Niels Peter Lemche <npl AT teol.ku.dk>
  • Cc: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: "Is Biblical Hebrew a language?"-NPL2
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 17:43:53 -0400

ve`od katav NPL:
>But I stay with my verdict that you don't have the complicated but very
>effective system of the SBH (standard biblical Hebrew).
>
>NPL

yafe. venisharti `im da`ati.
Fine. And I'll stay with my verdict that we find a remarkable example of
the SBH system in Moaite.
I only ask that studetns learn enough real biblical Hebrew to appreciate
the complicated, rare gems that are in the little Moabite dialect. In
stone.

bivraxot
Randall Buth

  • RE: "Is Biblical Hebrew a language?"-NPL2, yochanan bitan-buth, 07/20/2000