b-hebrew - Re: Shebarim (descent of ?) & Beth-Aven (Proposals)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Ruthy & Baruch <alster AT bezeqint.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Shebarim (descent of ?) & Beth-Aven (Proposals)
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 22:32:34 +0300

Shalom Walter!

On a tour of the area, I heard once that both Deir Debwan and Deir Shebab,
both Christian names, are named for Elisha's killing children (Shabab) with
bears (Debwan), between Bethel and Jericho. Maybe someone else on the list
can say how accurate this is.

Kol Tuv,
Baruch Alster
Kochav Ya`akov, Israel