b-hebrew - Learning Hebrew Syntax ( Teaching Self )

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Tony Starks" <data7201 AT aol.com>
  • To: b-hebrew
  • Subject: Learning Hebrew Syntax ( Teaching Self )
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 22:45:18

Hi to all out there,
I'm trying to learn biblical Hebrew Syntax without the benefits of a
classroom/teacher surroundings. I'm totally new to the study of Hebrew
Syntax and need some help. Usually a teacher explains what syntax is and
how it is used. Also, examples are given of syntax and then the teacher
gives exercises, to cement the examples--(I guess).
Now my question is, What can i do to learn Hebrew Syntax without the
classroom environment? I know this is the best way to learn, but my
circumstances do not permit it. Are there beginning, intermediate and
advance books i can look that? Any detailed ideas on exercises i can do to
learn the material? I know there are many experts on this list and syntax
may be easy for you guys and girls, but i'm just starting. What ever help
you can give me will be appreciated. By the way, there are many great
teachers on this list. So, i can not say "i'm learning on my own." :-)
THANK.
Tony Stark.

  • Learning Hebrew Syntax ( Teaching Self ), Tony Starks, 07/16/2000