b-hebrew - Motyer, J. Alec Prophecy of Isaiah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: clayton stirling bartholomew <c.s.bartholomew AT worldnet.att.net>
  • To: hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Motyer, J. Alec Prophecy of Isaiah
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 22:25:23 -0700

I have a question which should probably be answered off list if for no other
reason than that I read the list mail only in the archives.

Could anyone give me a run down on this book:

Motyer, J. Alec Prophecy of Isaiah:An Introduction & Commentary
InterVarsity Press Downers Grove 1993, 544pp, Hard Cover

I saw it in a remainders store and since I am not familiar with any of the
authors work I didn't know what to make of it. Sampled a few paragraphs at
random and came away with mixed feelings about it. It does not seem to be
light and frivolous but it does not seem to be a very technical work either.
Is this book strictly a "popular" work or is it something worth owning?

I discovered that Motyer also did the Tyndale on Isaiah. Does anyone know
if this is essentially the same book as the Tyndale?

Thanks for any insight you can give. If you want to make real nasty comments
about it feel free to send them to me in private.

Clay

--
Clayton Stirling Bartholomew
Three Tree Point

  • Motyer, J. Alec Prophecy of Isaiah, clayton stirling bartholomew, 06/30/2000