b-hebrew - Re: Infamous Ugaritic text: an eclipse

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT Highland.Net>
  • To: Ian Hutchesson <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Infamous Ugaritic text: an eclipse
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 14:35:03 -0400

At 06:34 PM 6/19/00 +0200, you wrote:

>>> There is a Ugaritic text (KTU 1.78) taken to contain a report of an
>eclipse:
>>>
>>What's your source for this text? I ask because all I have access
>>to at the moment is Gordon, and he uses his own numbering
>>system.

here is the transcription.... from (KTU)

btt ym hdt
hyr 'rbt
shpsh tgrh
rshp

kdbm tbqrn
skn

by the way-- all texts ugaritic can be found at:
http://www.labherm.filol.csic.es/Es/LSecciones.html

follow the "banco de datos" link and you will gain access to a search engine
that will produce whatever text you are looking for.

if you - having found your tablet, next click on the vocabulary link-- you
will be offered a table where the various words of the tablet are defined.

best,

Jim

Survey data shows that 98% of Jews approved Janet Reno's retrieval of Elian
Gonzalez. They know what it is like to be trapped in Miami with relatives.

:)

Jim West, ThD
jwest AT highland.net
http://web.infoave.net/~jwest