b-hebrew - (Fwd) Hebrew Prayers

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: "'b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu'" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: (Fwd) Hebrew Prayers
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 08:20:59 -0700

I received this question by way of my web page. I realize it's
technically off-topic, but if anyone can point me to some sources I
could give this person I'd appreciate an off-list reply.

Thanks,
Dave

I am just beginning an investigation into the prayers that Jesus's mother
must have surely said while he was growing up. When mothers share their
prayers, formal or not, with their children, the mothers shape the future of
their children's faith. The question of Mary's prayers has been with me for
some years, but tonight I saw your site while looking for something else so I
thought I would ask. Where would I begin to look for such prayers? I read
only English, so they would need to be in translation, or I would need to
learn Aramaic or Hebrew :) We live a long life. "A Mother's Prayer" sounds
like an overly sentimental sickly sweet card I saw as a child at truck stop.
That image aside, the Holy Spirit touches the heart strings of a mother and
makes them sing prayers. If you have any ideas about where to start, I would
appreciate your direction.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
"In the face of an obstacle which is impossible to
overcome, stubborness is stupid." Simone de Beauvoir

  • (Fwd) Hebrew Prayers, Dave Washburn, 06/07/2000