b-hebrew - Plain Text vs. html formatting

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Loren Crow" <lorencrow AT texramp.net>
  • To: "Ian Hutchesson" <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
  • Cc: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Plain Text vs. html formatting
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 11:49:14 -0500

To Ian and others interested in the subject:

Although I agree with you about the inclusion of attachments (e.g.,
stationery and vcards), I don't see how using html formatting could be
detrimental, and it has a lot of advantages, like using Hebrew fonts and
adding emphasis. My own preference is to use html formatting along with a
plain text-formatted version that can be read by the older mail programs.

Until a final decision is made on the subject, however, I'll try to remember
to use straight text.

Cheers!
Loren

Loren D. Crow, Ph.D.
Department of Religion
Wiley College
711 Wiley Avenue
Marshall, Texas 75670 VOX: (903) 927-3219
FAX: (903) 927-3336
lorencrow AT earthling.net
http://www.texramp.net/~lorencrow

The unexamined life is not worth living.
- Socrates

  • Plain Text vs. html formatting, Loren Crow, 05/21/2000