b-hebrew - Re: My Apologetic (not apology)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lee R. Martin" <lmartin AT vol.com>
  • To: George Athas <gathas AT mail.usyd.edu.au>, Hebrew List <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: My Apologetic (not apology)
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:14:10 -0500

George Athas wrote:

> A good discussion topic.
>
> > and is it true?
>
> Since B-Hebrew isn't a theological forum, we can't really discuss this.
> It's a question of
> faith which lies outside the B-Hebrew bounds.

Dear George,
I think Jason Hare's questions have emerged because of the recent discussions
of historical
accuracy in the Biblical text. To Jason, those discussions *have* asked the
question "is it
true?" (in the historical sense). I think it is those discussions that have
troubled Jason.

Lee R. Martin
Pastor, Prospect Church of God, Cleveland, Tennessee
Instructor in Hebrew and Old Testament
Church of God Theological Seminary
http://earth.vol.com/~lmartin/