b-hebrew - Re: Fabricating Israeli history

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ruthy & Baruch" <alster AT comandcom.com>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Fabricating Israeli history
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 23:31:22 +0200

Noel wrote:

I just received an Amazon.com notification of a new book called

Fabricating Israeli History, The New Historians. By Efraim Karsh.

I note that the majority of his work concerns modern Israel and so am
wondering if any of you are familiar with the book and what perspective it
takes, i.e. is it for or against the latest 'minimalist' trends or is it
about something different altogether.

I have the feeling that it may be a response against Keith Whitelams book
'The invention of Ancient Israel' , which in many ways deals with the
origin of modern Israel, but this is only a guess, as I haven't a clue as
to its content.

BA: Sorry, Noel, but this book deals with post-Zionist historiography, not
with Biblical minimalism (in other words, it deals with Israeli, not
Israelite, history).

Kol Tuv,
Baruch Alster
Kochav Ya`akov, Israel