b-hebrew - WEYIQTOL (correction)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Rolf Furuli <furuli AT online.no>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: WEYIQTOL (correction)
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 16:50:12 +0100

The sentences below which are found at the end of my post, have two errors.

>Any theory of the verbs should be able to account for the fact that
>imperative+WAW+YIQTOL in most cases stress the imperative force, while
>imperative+WAW+QATAL in most cases signal finality.

The correct sentences should be:

Any theory of the verbs should be able to account for the fact that
imperative+WAW+YIQTOL in most cases *signal finality*, while
imperative+WAW+QATAL in most cases *stress the imperative force*.

Regards

Rolf

Rolf Furuli
University of Oslo

  • WEYIQTOL (correction), Rolf Furuli, 01/27/2000