b-hebrew - Re[2]: SV: historiography (Jonathan: was Solomon)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: peter_kirk AT sil.org
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re[2]: SV: historiography (Jonathan: was Solomon)
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 12:29:58 -0500

Just to point out that said Cainan son of Arpachshad appears in LXX of
Genesis 11:12-13 and in Luke 3:36. But he is omitted in 1 Chronicles
1:24 - also omitted in LXX but this is the end of a longer omission of
much of verses 17-24. Is there any DSS evidence for Genesis 11:12-13
or 1 Chronicles 1:24? If not, I would suggest that he was omitted from
Genesis by scribal error after the date of Jubilees, LXX etc, and that
Chronicles was corrected to harmonise. Or are there any better
suggestions?

Peter Kirk