b-hebrew - Re: Frequency lists

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Mark O'Brien" <markus AT upnaway.com>
  • To: Polycarp66 AT aol.com
  • Cc: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Frequency lists
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 10:43:06

The old classic that we used in seminary was John D.W. Watts' *Lists of
Words Occurring Frequently in the Hebrew Bible* (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans,
1960). It's not too bad. It breaks the lists up into verbs and nouns.

Best,

M.

At 08:53 PM 12/22/99 EST, you wrote:
>Does anyone know of a frequency list for Hebrew words? I am considering
>working on creating flashcards for Hebrew similar to at least a couple that
>already exist for Biblical Hebrew.
>
>gfsomsel
>
>---
>You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: markus AT upnaway.com
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')
>To subscribe, send an email to join-b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu.

-----
Revd. Mark B. O'Brien
Assoc. Pastor, Subiaco Church of Christ, Western Australia
Lecturer in Biblical Studies, South Perth Christian College
(Sydney College of Divinity), Western Australia

markus AT upnaway.com
-----
"I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day.
Tomorrow isn't looking good either." -- Dilbert