b-hebrew - Re[2]: JEDP (Melchizedek) (JDS)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: peter_kirk AT sil.org
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re[2]: JEDP (Melchizedek) (JDS)
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 00:18:58 -0500

Ian, you can't have it every way! Do you, or do you not, hold that it
is impossible to date any part of the Hebrew Bible to before the
second century BCE? You have said that, or very nearly that, before,
and you have persistently rejected any arguments for any earlier
datings of any specific books I and others have named.

So when you ask others to provide proof of dating of anything earlier
than that, it is already clear that you will not accept their
evidence. So all you are doing is trying to trap them.

See my further comments below.

Peter Kirk