b-hebrew - Re[2]: Genesis 1 & 2 (Peter, Ian, etc.)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: peter_kirk AT sil.org
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re[2]: Genesis 1 & 2 (Peter, Ian, etc.)
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 18:27:50 -0500

Thank you for pointing out this example, Isaiah 46:10. I notice also
that although the meaning must be absolute (assuming we don't read
"the beginning of the end"!) the word R")$IYT is not definite, i.e.
with no article, as in Genesis 1:1. Maybe for some reason the article
was never used with this word in its temporal meaning.

Thank you also for the reference to Waltke, and the reminder of the
unnimity of the ancient version evidence.

Peter Kirk