b-hebrew - RE: SP nwe Aramaic grammer:; comments wanted

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: glozano <glozano AT du.edu>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, Ken Litwak <kdlitwak AT concentric.net>
  • Subject: RE: SP nwe Aramaic grammer:; comments wanted
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 21:17:41 -0700

Ken,

The new Aramaic Grammar by Professor Greenspahn is indeed an excellent tool.
It can be used both for self-instruction or in a classroom setting. And,
unlike Rosenthal's, this is a grammar geared towards the learning and
acquisition of the language skills necessary for the reading of the Aramaic
passages in the Bible and those found elsewhere.

Check it out for yourself. I think you'll come to the same conclusions as me.

Gilbert Lozano,
Univ. of Denver/Iliff School of Theology

>===== Original Message From Ken Litwak <kdlitwak AT concentric.net> =====
> WHile at SL last weekend, I didn't see the new Aramaic grammer from
>Scholars Press. Did anyone see it and does anyone have an iopinion on
>it? Would it be worth ordering for self-study? I've never taken an
>Aramaic course, and at the moment have no space in my schedule to do
>so.I have Rosenthal's grammer but that is not a book for learning
>Aramaic from so far as I can tell. Thanks.
>

>Ken
>
>---
>You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: glozano AT du.edu
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')