b-hebrew - Re: Rohl's fallacious chronology

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: peter_kirk AT sil.org
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Rohl's fallacious chronology
  • Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 12:27:36 -0400

Dear Ian,

Thank you for sending this material explaining the status quo, which
is more detailed than anything immediately available to me here.

If you read the first paragraph of Rohl's Appendix E on Assyrian
Chronology, you will discover that he freely admits that there are
unsolved difficulties with his scheme in this direction. No doubt he
did know what he was doing. But he can hardly be accused of being a
fraud.

Peter Kirk