b-hebrew - evening and morning

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ray Clendenen" <rclende AT lifeway.com>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: evening and morning
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 06:55:39 -0500

Ray Clendenen@BSSBNOTES
09/20/99 06:55 AM

According to a friend a Jewish scientist named Gerald Schroeder wrote a
book about ten years ago called Genesis and the Big Bang. In this book he
claims that the Hebrew words 'ereb and boqer really mean disorder and
order, basing his understanding on etmology. My friend asked me to inquire
of the experts if any of you are familiar with the book and if there is
anything credible to his argument. Thanks.
Ray

  • evening and morning, Ray Clendenen, 09/20/1999