b-hebrew - Re: Hebrew Resources

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Kevin W. Woodruff" <cierpke AT utc.campuscw.net>
  • To: Garrett B Trott <gtrott AT juno.com>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Hebrew Resources
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:41:20 -0400

I would recommend:

Ellinger, K., and W. Rudolph. Biblica Hebraica Stuttgartensia. Stuttgart:
Deutsch Bibelstiftung, 1984.

Kohlenberger, John R. The NIV Interlinear Hebrew-English Old Testament. 4
vols. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1987.

_____. The NIV Triglot Old Testament. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1984.

Rahlfs, Alfred. Septuaginta. 2 vols. Stuttgart: Privilegierte
Wurttembergische Bibelanstalt, 1935.

Armstrong, Terry A., Douglas L. Busby, and Cyril F. Carr. A Reader's
Hebrew-English Lexicon of the Old Testament. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1988.

Barr, James, ed. The Oxford Hebrew Dictionary. London: Oxford University
Press, in preparation.

Brown, Francis, Samuel Rolles Driver, and Charles A. Briggs. The New
Brown-Driver Briggs Hebrew English Lexicon of the Old Testament. Peabody,
Massachusetts: Hendrickson, 1970.

Clines, David J. A.. ed. The Dictionary of Classical Hebrew. 5 vols.
Sheffield, 1999-

Holladay, William L. A Concise Hebrew and Aramaic Lexicon of the Old
Testament. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1971.

Köehler, Ludwig, Walter Baumgartner, and Johann J. Stamm. The Hebrew and
Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament: The New Koehler and Baumgartner in
English. Translated by M. E. Richardson. Leiden: E. J. Brill, 1993-.
.
Mitchel, Larry A. A Student's Vocabulary for Biblical Hebrew and Aramaic.
Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1984.

Kelley, Page H. Biblical Hebrew: An Introductory Grammar.Grand Rapids:
Eerdmans, 1992.

Lambdin, Thomas O. Introduction to Biblical Hebrew. New York: Charles
Scribner's Sons, 1971.

Seow, Choon Leong. A Grammar for Biblical Hebrew. 2nd ed.Nashville,
Tennessee: Abingdon, 1995

LaSor, William Sanford. Handbook of Biblical Hebrew. 2 vols. Grand Rapids:
Eerdmans, 1978.

Waltke, Bruce K., and Murphy O'Connor. An Introduction to Biblical Hebrew
Syntax. Winona Lake, Indiana: Eisenbrauns, 1990.

Williams, Ronald J. Hebrew Syntax: An Outline. 2nd ed. Toronto:
University of Toronto Press, 1976.

Gesenius, Friedrich Heinrich Wilhelm. Gesenius' Hebrew Grammar. Ed. by Emil
Kautzsch. Rev. by A. E. Cowley. London: Oxford University Press, 1910.

Botterweck, G. Johannes, and Helmer Ringgren. Theological Dictionary of the
Old Testament. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1974-.

Girdlestone, Robert Baker. Synonyms of the Old Testament. 3rd ed. Grand
Rapids: Baker, 1983.

Harris, R. Laird, Gleason L. Archer Jr., and Bruce K. Waltke. Theological
Wordbook of the Old Testament. 2 vols. Chicago: Moody Press, 1980.

Jenni, Ernst, and Claus Westermann. Theological Lexicon of the Old
Testament. Peabody, Massachusetts: Hendrickson Publishers, 1997.

Vine, William E., Merrill F. Unger, and William White Jr. Vine's Expository
Dictionary of Biblical Words. Nashville, Tennessee: Thomas Nelson, 1992.

VanGemeren, Willem A., ed. The New International Dictionary of Old Testament
Theology. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1997.

Barthelemy, D., et al. Preliminary and Interim Report of the Hebrew Old
Testament Text Project. 5 vols. New York; United Bible Societies, 1973-1980.

Brotzman, Ellis R. Old Testament Textual Criticism. Grand Rapids: Baker 1993.

Roberts, Bleddyn J. The Old Testament Text and Versions. Cardiff, Wales:
University of Wales Press, 1951.

Tov, Emmanuel. Textual Criticism of the Hebrew Bible. Minneapolis,
Minnesota: Fortress Press, 1992.

Würthwein, Ernst. The Text of the Old Testament. Rev. ed. Grand Rapids:
Eerdmans, 1979.

Even-Shoshan, Abraham. A New Concordance of the Old Testament. (A New
Concordance of the Bible). 2nd ed. Jerusalem: Kiryat Sefer Publishing, 1990.

Katz, Eliezer. A Topical Concordance of the Old Testament (A New Classified
Concordance of the Bible). 4 vols. in 1. Jerusalem: Kiryat Sefer
Publishing, 1992.

Kohlenberger, John R., and James A. Swanson. The Hebrew-English Concordance
to the Old Testament. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 1998.

Lisowsky, Gerhard. Konkordanz zum Hebräischen Alten Testamnet. Stuttgart:
Württembergische Bibelanstalt, 1958.

Mandelkern, Solomon. Veteris Testementi Concordantiae. 2 vols. Tel Aviv:
Schocken, 1971.

Beall, Todd D., William A. Banks, and Colin Smith. Old Testament Parsing
Guide. 2 vols. Chicago: Moody Press, 1986-1990.

Davidson, Benjamin. The Analytical Hebrew and Chaldee Lexicon. London:
Samuel Bagster & Sons, n.d.

Einspahr, Bruce. Index to Brown, Driver, and Briggs Hebrew Lexicon. Chicago:
Moody Press, 1976.

Owens, John Joseph. Analytical Key to the Old Testament. 4 vols. Grand
Rapids: Baker, 1990-1993

At 09:48 PM 7/20/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I am going to be purchasing some resources for the Hebrew Bible here in a
>couple of weeks. My knowledge of what is out there and what is looked
>upon as "good" is very limited. Any ideas with what is good? I have
>seen a couple of Hebrew concordances on the market, which is considered a
>standard for the Hebrew Bible, the same with resources like word study
>tools (like TDNT for NT), is there a "standard." Any other ideas on what
>would be a good (and useful) addition to a Hebrew library?
>
>Thanks for your help.
>-Garrett Trott
>

>---
>You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: cierpke AT utc.campuscw.net
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')
>To subscribe, send an email to join-b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu.

Kevin W. Woodruff, M.Div.
Library Director/Reference Librarian
Professor of New Testament Greek
Cierpke Memorial Library
1815 Union Ave.
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37404
United States of America
423/493-4252 (office)
423/698-9447 (home)
423/493-4497 (FAX)
Cierpke AT utc.campuscw.net (preferred)
kwoodruf AT utkux.utcc.utk.edu (alternate)

  • Hebrew Resources, Garrett B Trott, 07/21/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Hebrew Resources, Kevin W. Woodruff, 07/22/1999